Senior Partner - Direct Hire
Over a 15+ year tenure with Lucas Group, John Hawes has shown his many clients that the right candidate must not only have business acumen, skill-set proficiency and professional competency – they must fit with the organization’s vision and values. John’s experience across a variety of industries and across multiple disciplines, gives him a unique ability to identify and recruit superior management talent. It’s about sourcing the right people, asking the right questions and then listening to learn who they are in their private, public and business personas.
Sample of completed searches:
- Chief Marketing Officer - furniture designer/manufacturer
- Vice President of Global Supply Chain - international coffee retailer
- Managing Director - iconic New Orleans restaurant
- Vice President of Franchise Sales – beverage/specialty food retailer
- Director of Design - outdoor furniture company
- Vice President/GM - aerospace/aviation service provider
- Chief Development Officer - int’l brand launching US franchise business
- Director of Product Innovation - quick service restaurant group
- Regional Sales Director - aviation/medical device/heavy truck service provider
- Vice President of Franchise Operations - quick service restaurant group
- Chief Executive Officer - wholesale apparel manufacturer
Prior to joining Lucas Group, John worked with both publicly traded and privately-owned restaurant companies. He worked for several summers in the with The Walt Disney Company during college. Following graduation, he joined the highly regarded, multi-concept restaurant company Gilbert/Robinson, Inc., where he held a variety of roles in operations, talent management/acquisition, human resources and administration with a decade in senior leadership. He subsequently joined the Steak ‘n Shake organization as its Senior Human Resource Officer.
A graduate of The School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University, John is past President of their Hospitality Business Alumni Association and a past recipient of the School’s Alumnus of The Year award. He is also a member of both the California and National Restaurants Associations.
A resident of Newport Beach, CA, John is a runner, commuter cyclist, photographer and an avid follower of the latest business trends.