Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, exclusive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success.
Combining local knowledge with national reach, Lucas Group has the geographic breadth and industry depth necessary to deliver results. We provide trusted, consultative service by truly listening and responding to the needs of our clients and candidates. We are professional, high-performance, and passionate industry veterans with both insight and integrity, making a very real difference in business and careers. We listen. We understand. We deliver.
- Oversees the management of mine accounting and develops policies and processes to ensure timely, accurate and complete financial information for the mines
- Maintains the organization's general ledger, tracking assets, liabilities, expenses, and revenues. Oversees monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close and financial reporting to internal groups
- Have ownership of the financial statements of a group of mines to include month end finalization, financial statement review, review of balance sheet account reconciliations and main contact point for general managers
- Assists internal and/or external auditors with periodic auditing or the organization's financial records and statements
- Has joint authority for personnel decisions and may have some impact on departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Confirms financial status by monitoring general ledger; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 8+ years accounting experience
- Direct supervisory experience
- CPA ideal
- Mining/energy experience ideal