Arbitration Paralegal – Washington, DC
Lucas Group is seeking an Arbitration Paralegal to join an organization that offers a unique opportunity for those who have an interest in international dispute resolution. The paralegal will have the opportunity to support specialist arbitration lawyers working with premium clients and work on ground-breaking international cases.
- Case Management
- Manage the underlying day to day aspects of the case through the implementation of procedures for maintaining materials/documents received
- Index and organize materials to upload to database and for eventual review by the associate team
- Track and manage correspondence on disputes
- Document Review
- Work with lawyers and interns to conduct first level review
- Coordinate and support second level review, typically conducted by attorneys
- Organize the exhibits that support the written work of attorneys and ensure pre-determined styles are applied consistently across documents
- Organize the logistics of filings – coordinate the distribution of materials with other support staff to external recipients
- Work closely with attorneys on opening/closing presentations
- Create Power Point documents drawn from written work
- Ensure materials referred to are available during the hearings
- Coordinate the logistical arrangements of hearings
- Negotiate contracts with transcribers
- Coordinate interpreters and hearing venues, as well as couriering and hard copy production
- College Degree preferred
- International travel may be required for hearings
- Experience working for an international law firm, particularly with exposure to arbitration/litigation teams, is a plus
- Proven interest in the law, international arbitration and/or dispute resolution
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Service focused and able to deliver first class support to Partners, attorneys and clients.
- Self-starter with high levels of energy and drive.
- Able to work with minimal supervision when required and provide proactive support
- Additional language skills looked upon favorably (particularly Spanish)
- Ability to multitask, work to strict deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail and able to produce work to the highest standard of accuracy
- Experience of complex scheduling
- Technical proficiency in the use software programs (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and office equipment (such as printers, scanners and photocopiers).
- Experience performing research and document production
- Specific knowledge of LexisNexis, Westlaw or equivalent would be helpful
- Some experience of e-discovery or case management databases would be helpful
WHY WORK WITH LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.