Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success.
Location: Houston, TX
Title: Assistant Controller
We are currently partnering with a privately held manufacturing company in its search for an Assistant Controller. This company is poised for growth within its highly specialized niche. If you're looking to join a company in Houston's Manufacturing Industry, then keep reading below:
The Assistant Controller will instantaneously make an impact on the bottom line by understanding the business end to end and being agents of change and process improvement. Your role will continuously develop as a business partner and analyst, working hand in hand with the Controller, Operations, and senior leadership to achieve success.
This is an opportunity for accounting professionals who are entrepreneurial minded, appreciate an autonomous and unstructured work environment, and want to take an interactive role in providing leadership and guidance in a progressive industry. See more details below:
- Perform monthly financial close functions and reporting packages
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Oversee the A/R and A/P process, including the staff
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
- Monthly completion of a quarterly month financial forecast.
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts.
- Plan and participate in the annual financial budget process.
- Provide training to personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 12 credit hours accounting coursework is absolutely required.
- CPA or parts passed is preferred.
- At least 6+ years of Accounting experience, with 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Accounting System experience is highly desirable and advanced Excel skills.
- An ability to be a team player, and multi-tasker is a must for this role.
- Industry experience within Manufacturing, Construction, or Oil Field Services is highly desirable.