Lucas Group has partnered with dynamic Manufacturer in the Newnan/Peachtree City Ga area for a Assistant Supplier Quality Engineer
The candidate will be responsible for Supplier production process and part qualification (APQP) with emphasis on Lean Manufacturing, Defect Free environment, and Reoccurrence Prevention. New Supplier and new technology approval and development is part of the activities.
Work involves functioning as a technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve quality issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning, and provide support using independent judgment within the limits of general practices and standards. Purchased parts qualification and approval for mass production.
* Assists in the implementation and monitoring of advanced quality planning with selected future product suppliers
* Assure supplier understanding of product and submission requirements
* Review and approve supplier quality plans on new part programs
* Review supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems
* Implement and monitor the part qualification and certification process with selected suppliers
* Provide training in area of Lean Manufacturing. Support Kaizen activity pertaining to process and systems development
* Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions
* Improve quality performance of assigned suppliers
Up to 50% travel.
Education / Experience:
4-year degree or equivalent experience in automotive, military, or manufacturing environment.