We have been engaged by a $300M manufacturing company in the Atlanta area looking to add a Business Unit Controller to their team. In this role, the Controller will have the ability to build processes and have a high impact to the organization and growth of the company.
- Month-end close (preparation of journal entries; review P&L statements for accuracy)
- Implementing new accounting policies and procedures for new entity
- Converting cash to GAAP accounting
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Ability to prepare accruals based on actual operational data, such as commissions, product rebates, etc.
- Posting of payroll entries
- Prepare bank reconciliations and clear reconciling items in a timely manner
- Manage fixed assets by recording additions, disposals, and recording depreciation
- Review Accounts Payable postings and record reclasses as needed
- BS Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 4-6 years of accounting experience in a small to mid-sized company
- Excellent organization, analytical and communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Syspro is a plus