Our client is the #1 company in their industry and we are working with them on a Global Category Manager role focusing on CAPEX for their location in the northwest Chicago suburbs. This is an important role for the organization as we are looking for someone with strong category & market knowledge to manage strategies to reduce cost & working capital while mitigating risk and leading their team to reach their defined objectives.
Global Category Manager (CAPEX) Responsibilities
- Drive execution of category management strategies to achieve long & short-term goals.
- Lead contract negotiations by creating a definable strategy with measurable objectives, plans, and responses to changing supplier or market developments.
- Manage the delivery of value from the supply base to meet internal & customer requirements.
- Lead projects with multiple internal stakeholders across multiple departments and locations.
- Identify & analyze risk on all category expenditures. Implement risk management strategies to reduce potential risks to future supply continuity.
- Forecast & execute cost-out and working capital improvement opportunities.
- Leverage existing supplier relationships and industry-wide networks to be aware of industry trends and maintain subject matter level expertise in the category.
Global Category Manager (CAPEX) Requirements
- A Bachelor degree is required. An advanced degree or relevant industry certifications are preferred.
- Previous experience of managing category strategies for capital projects.
- Demonstrable success managing category strategies and partnering with various stakeholders to influence decisions.
- Previous management experience is preferred but not required.