CONTRACT BUSINESS IMMIGRATION PARALEGAL – Washington, DC
Lucas Group’s AmLaw 100 law firm client is looking for a Contract Business Immigration Paralegal to join its Washington, DC office for a long term assignment. Candidates must have one year of experience independently proficient with business H1-B Immigration cases.
- Prepares and files nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications for permanent residency and secondary benefits for foreign nationals
- Organizes and prepare petition packets for review and filing.
- Communicates with employees and human resources professionals to gather needed information and documents required for the preparation of petitions and applications.
- Prepares and files global business visas and work permits with supervision.
- Enters and maintains data in immigration case management system.
- Organizes and maintains immigration files.
- Maintains hard copy files and documents as required to support all immigration activity on behalf of clients.
- Works directly with attorneys and other team members to manage caseload from intake through processing and filing.
- Ensures that clients are kept apprised of the progress of their cases.
- Assists in responding to immigration inquiries in a timely manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in business immigration is required
- An interest in pursuing business immigration as a career
- Good case management aptitude and analytical skills
- Good independent judgment
- A working knowledge of the application of legal processes applied in immigration law
- Demonstrated organizational and technical skills
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize and balance competing demands
- MUST be independently proficient with business H1-B Immigration cases
- Attention to detail, strong communication and ability to work independently is critical.
- Knowledge of and experience with INSZoom preferred
WHY WORK FOR LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018. We offer varied types of opportunities (law firm and in-house), competitive hourly wages, benefits, earned PTO, weekly payroll, and more.