Lucas Group has been retained by a Houston based Law firm on a national search for a Controller…
The Controller will handle all accounting for the firm and the successful candidate will be a highly detail oriented, organized and a process driven individual with a big picture viewpoint. The Controller will be the face of the firm, dealing with a high volume of individual clients and internal stakeholders.
Qualifications include ~
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- CPA – Active license
- 10+ years of experience; preferred industries are Legal, Financial Services, Trust/Banking
- 2-3 years Public Accounting experience before moving to Industry is preferred
- Strong technical skills, attention to detail, organized and able to prioritize conflicting deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced Excel, Access is a ++
- QuickBooks Enterprise++; Ability to pick up proprietary systems quickly
Responsibilities include ~
- Responsible for all accounting areas of the firm
- Oversight and Review of Monthly Close process
- Preparation of Quarterly Financial Statements and Presentation to the CFO and Equity Partners
- Annual budgeting process, Quarterly review of actual to budget
- Cash flow management and cash projections
- Capture, tracking and analyze case related costs, ensuring completeness, proper allocation, etc.
- Manage case payouts including client distributions, MDL & HIPPs payments, referrals, etc.
- Treasury Management – Trust Funds, IOLTA Accounts
- Insurance Policy Management
- Bank Management
- Receivable and Payable Management
- Create and update Excel spreadsheets containing large volumes of data
- One direct report- Full Charge Bookkeeper and 4 indirect Clerical Accounting staff
Key attributes for success include ~
- Ability to analyze and compile large amounts of data from multiple sources via advanced Excel and Access skills.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment and adapts well to change
- A strong intellect, can-do attitude, disciplined and a natural leader
Work closely with and be mentored by the CFO for long term career trajectory.
Job ID 1558122