Our client, a multi-billion dollar industry leader, has multiple openings for (Project) Controls Engineers for their plant in the Oshkosh/Neenah Wisconsin area. These roles are focused on project management involving updating their machinery and automated systems. The (Project) Controls Engineer will lead several multi-million dollar projects simultaneously. These positions are located at a single plant and will have minimal travel in addition to a strong base salary, bonus, and relocation package (if needed).
(Project) Controls Engineer Responsibilities
- The (Project) Controls Engineer will identify the scope and concerns of the project. They will also create solutions to define the scope of the project.
- The (Project) Controls Engineer will create documentation and prepare the engineering package for each project.
- They will be responsible for purchasing all materials for the project. This will include the review of potential vendors, working with the Purchasing Department, negotiating price, and ensuring delivery.
- Manage the project cost and scheduling.
- Work with different employees, managers, vendors, departments, and companies to ensure the project is on schedule, within budget, and meets all safety standards.
- Oversee the installation process including vendor interaction, checkout, commissioning, and training of employees on the equipment processes and safe operation.
(Project) Controls Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience leading projects in a similarly related environment. More experience is preferred.
- PLC, HMI, and Power Distribution knowledge is strongly preferred. Allen-Bradley knowledge is a plus but is not required.
- Previous experience with budgets of at least $250k and up to several million dollars is strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead projects through the entire life cycle of the project. Able to make decisions using strong technical expertise. Excellent communication ability. Must have high energy and passion for their work who can lead teams and projects successfully.