Our client, a manufacturer located in the Lufkin area, seeks a Cost Accountant to add to their team. This is a newly created position due to growth. This role will be part of an 8-person Accounting & Finance team.
Cost Accountant Responsibilities include:
- Analyze plant performance on a daily & monthly basis.
- Perform analysis related to manufacturing spending, actuals versus standard costs, material yields, overhead and more.
- Be a business partner with operations to support product costing and inventory management.
- Prepare month end cost adjustments and journal entries related to the month end close process.
- Assist in the physical inventory process, reconcile physical inventory counts vs the GL, investigate material variances and propose adjustments as needed.
- Prepare and review inventory reports and reconciliations throughout the month to assist in properly managing the control of inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Cost Accountant Requirements
- BBA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of standard cost accounting and / or inventory experience
- Excellent communication skills