Lucas Group is working with a Ad-Tech firm that is looking for a hands-on Database Engineer/Admin. The right candidate will help accelerate the growth of their advertising solution and products. The role would involve implementing and maintaining enterprise databases in a client/server environment.
The individual will administrate all MS SQL 2012 servers VMs, Azure SQL. Azure Data Lakes, Azure Data Lakes Analytics, Azure Data Factories and NoSQL environments, providing capacity planning and best practices for the future production/development/test environments, which may include establishing new standards and procedures.
- Design and implement the physical structure and functional capabilities of the database;
- Ensure high availability and performance the databases, backups/restores, database design, performance tuning, and patch management.
- Responsible for developing and debugging SQL Server and Azure SQL code (stored procedures, functions, triggers, packages).
- Develop, deploy and manage the full ETL.
- Develop, deploy and manage the SSIS packages
- Develop, deploy and manage the SSAS packages
- Work with other developers to develop, deploy and manage the SSRS reports
- Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases are highly resilient, secure, and designed to minimize downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Assist Development and Management teams in the gathering and documentation of business requirements and analysis and design of databases, reporting and analytic tools that support the business’ short-term and long-term objectives.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of 3rd party software solutions.
- Learn the business and present ideas and solutions that support the business’ long and short-term objectives and promoting and practicing company core business values.
- Provide the appropriate level of assistance to other internal IT/BI team members
- Installs new, revised or updated database applications and optimizes user access techniques. Collaborates with the Network Administrator and core engineering staff to define installation requirements and ensure a seamless implementation process.
- Maintains and enhances database performance by: tuning values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing routine and ad hoc database maintenance requirements and evaluating/recommending operating systems and hardware products that may improve database performance.
- Prepares and maintains SOP's for database operations and upgrades.
- Create queries, stored procedures, views, and indexes
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server, and Enterprise Data Warehouse environments.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, clustering, database mirroring, and replication.
- Ability to write, tune, and debug queries, T-SQL and PL/SQL code (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) in support functional/technical users and business applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance, blocking/deadlocking, replication, log shipping, connectivity, and security issues.
- Willingness to document processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topologies, etc)
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study.
Awesome skills to have, but not required:
- Visual Studio.NET (VB, C#, asp.net)