The Director, Engineering/Maintenance is responsible for proactive development, optimization and deployment of cost effective maintenance & reliability (M&R) programs, with growth potential to become a VP of Operations. In addition, the Director, Engineering/Maintenance is responsible for communicating the vision, strategy and tactical application of cost effective M&R management techniques including Operator Asset Care, preventive, predictive, condition based monitoring, and other maintenance management fundamentals.
- To execute the strategic direction for Engineering/Maintenance
- Leads and directs M&R programs & initiatives to deliver reliable and cost effective equipment performance at predictable M&R costs.
- Responsible for propagating key M&R learning’s & best practices across the enterprise
- Actively manages M&R key performance indicators (KPI’s) and the processes to report, track, evaluate and leverage
- Coaches plant M&R personnel in reliability improvement and change management techniques.
- Optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of tracking maintenance labor and materials costs
- Provides expertise, training and coaching in the development of multi-year rolling Maintenance Management Continuous Improvement Plans, three year M&R Roadmaps, and Maintenance Plans.
- Provides M&R leadership and guidance to MRO supply and inventory management initiatives / teams. Fosters the use of M&R best practices, tools and techniques to enable spare parts needs forecasting and JIT spare parts availability while optimizing overall costs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Ten years minimum M&R / technical management experience is required
- Experience leading cross functional initiatives across multiple plants / businesses
- Experience as Maintenance / Engineering Manager in a manufacturing environment is required
- Experience in commercial food manufacturing
- Experience implementing improvement strategies across multiple plants / businesses – preferred
- Minimal travel