Title: Director of Human Resources
Location: Riverhead, NY
Role Overview: Lucas Group has partnered with a family-owned distribution company on their search for a Director of Human Resources. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual who will serve as an HR expert and provide day to day HR support, guidance and advice on a variety of HR functions from employee engagement to recruitment, retention, benefits and much more.
This individual will also partner closely with the CEO on implementing new policies and initiatives as their first senior level HR employee. The role will be highly strategic and hands on, overseeing a small team and multi-sites. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Champion the company’s culture & employee happiness
- Recruitment and retention
- Lead everything people through extreme growth period
- Administration of benefits – 401k, FSA, ESOP, medical and dental insurance, worker’s compensation
- Take over administration of company manual
- Create structure of annual performance reviews
- Develop, implement and administer organization-wide policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10+ years progressive HR experience with an emphasis on employee engagement
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.