Our client is a rapidly growing retailer providing bulk food products and equipment to independent restaurants, bars, and caterers and we are partnering with them on a Director of Operations role based out of the Chicago metro.
The Director of Operations is responsible for leading the existing retail sites and the opening of new locations in addition to managing the staff and processes for their region. We are looking for a highly intelligent leader than can leverage analytics to identify areas of improvement for each store. It is also essential for the Director of Operations to be able to attract and retain talent. The organization is looking for a leader who can make an immediate impact with the potential to become a VP of Operations within 12-24 months.
Director of Operations Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the P&L in the millions of dollars and multiple retail locations (at least 10 or more) across an assigned geographic territory.
- Use analytical and strategic decision making skills to maximize store location profitability by identifying areas to change product offerings to match the local market demands.
- Understand the local labor market to attract and retain talent.
- Provide oversight to the opening of new locations. Understand the local market to drive the location to profitability within the first year.
- Provide mentorship to the local Store Managers.
- Ensure maximum levels of customer satisfaction by maintaining relationships with key customers and driving process adherence.
- Create strategies to drive cost reduction that are in alignment with business objectives.
- Minimize inventory loss by identifying inconsistencies, performing root cause analysis, and implementing necessary changes to eliminate future occurrences.
Director of Operations Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Management, or a related field is required.
- Must have previous experience managing at least five retail or wholesale locations simultaneously.
- Demonstrable success in leveraging analytics and continuous improvement processes to improve store performance.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% domestically.