Title: Firmwide Human Resources Director
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90071
Lucas Group is retained with a prestigious creative global firm as a partner to identify strong talent for their Firmwide Director of HR . In this VP level role, you will have significant impact on the direction and partnership of HR with the leadership team to meet goals. The role has significant responsibility of direct report leadership, and is a true partner to the senior leadership team. The client is open to two locations – Washington DC or Los Angeles CA. No relo is available for this one.
As the Firmwide Director of Human Resources, you will be a key leader driving People First human resources strategies across a highly networked global firm. With an understanding of and experience working in an industry-leading creative organization, you will be relied upon to build exceptional relationships and utilize strong communication skills to translate insights into action by building consensus around HR initiatives across every level of the firm’s leadership communities. While you will fill a key strategic role, you will be expected to be action-oriented and drive results.
You will be expected to leverage your experience as an entrepreneurial HR professional who has a strategic mindset and a track record of bringing innovative strategies to reality. You are a strategist, but you are also a “hands-on” problem solver who gets things done. You are comfortable operating at a high level, but equally comfortable and inclined to dig into the details. You are a thought leader and a trusted advisor, with strength in building relationships across matrixed organizations through collaboration, trust and influence. You have experience successfully managing complex programs, projects, budgets, and deadlines and working across all levels of leadership.
In this role, you will be a key leader and strategic player in critical areas, including compensation, employee benefits, mobility, and employee relations. You will be responsible for collaborating with and influencing a strong group of human resource leaders at the regional level across the Firm. You will be expected to serve as a role model as you mentor and coach this talented group of professionals to enable them to deliver best-in-class service to their regions every day.
What You Will Do
- Lead as a strategic business partner, thought leader, and change agent with personal accountability for delivering results.
- Develop, implement and enhance global organization-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., compensation and benefits competitiveness, employee relations, global mobility, and employment practices/policies/compliance).
- Develop methods to better collect, interpret, and utilize data to measure effectiveness of HR processes and programs, and provide data-driven actionable insights.
- Lead, mentor, coach and actively develop Firmwide and Regional HR leaders.
- Work in equal partnership with HR leaders in our regions and offices as a single integrated team.
- Actively participate and collaborate, as the HR Studio Leader within our Co-CEO Hub structure, with your peers in the Hub, including the leaders of the Communications, Performance, Design/Innovation, Technology, and Global clusters of studios.
- Build strong, credible relationships with senior leaders, hiring managers, critical stakeholders and partners, operating as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert.
- Serve as the senior resource for employee relations across the Firm.
- Provide subject matter expertise, strategic guidance, and operational leadership on people and organizational issues, particularly as a trusted advisor at the senior executive level.
- Represent the Firm as a subject matter expert with third parties in establishing best-in-class talent compensation and benefits programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience as senior human resources leader in a creative or professional services organization preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading the HR function for a global firm with knowledge and experience working across multiple jurisdictions and cultures.
- Strong business acumen and a proven record of partnering with and influencing all levels of leadership to design and implement effective HR programs and services.
- Proven success as an action-oriented leader with a track record of delivering results.
- Deep expertise in a wide array of talent lifecycle subjects, such as: onboarding, retirement planning, HRIS, HR analytics, total rewards, global mobility, and employment practices.
- Ability to develop and utilize data to measure and track HR effectiveness.
- Excellent communication skills; creative problem-solving skills; and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a global organization.
- Executive presence and judgment to address the most challenging of HR issues.
- High degree of ethics and professionalism.
- Strategic thinker with strong “can do” attitude and demonstrated experience in developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience as part of a team within a growing business.
- Proficiency in appropriate computer hardware and software programs.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as required.