Lucas Group is currently searching on behalf of one of our clients for Account Executives for HVAC Sheet Metal, Pipe-Fitting and Plumbing – design, fabrication & installation for projects ranging from large, complex new & renovation construction to quick-hit retrofits and tenant improvements. It is the Account Executive’s function to generate sales of ‘special projects’ mechanical construction to the company's existing and new customers. A special project is a project that has construction duration usually less than 3 months, is less than $500,000 in mechanical value, has an estimate prepared by the Account Executive, will not require a separate project manager, and is in an existing building. In most cases this could be considered a tenant improvement. The customers are primarily General Contractors. The Account Executive will be expected to estimate and manage any of his/her projects. In addition, proposal writing assistance will be provided by the special project administrator, if required.
The Account Executive’s duties and responsibilities may be specialized toward HVAC Plan/ Spec type projects or Design/Build type projects or a combination of both depending on the experience and qualifications of the individual.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell HVAC and plumbing projects with a minimal of supervision.
- Accurately estimate and price the projects you sell.
- To effectively project manage the projects you sell.
- Build partnering relationships with contractors and consultants responsible for the decision-making process.
- Develop a network of contacts and exceed their expectations.
- Understand the customer's business and speak their language and to demonstrate technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment from the customer to the Account Executive and Company.
- Have a working knowledge of the local construction marketplace.
- Have a technical knowledge of mechanical system operations.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
- Develop sales strategies to maximize the opportunity to obtain plan and spec projects.
Design/Build Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the technical interface between the customers and company's operations and engineering departments.
- Work with the engineering department to develop scope documents for purposes of estimating.
- Verify that customer design or modification requirements are met promptly and correctly.
- Reviews company engineering changes and insures that they are in accordance with customer expectations.
2 positions- 1 Seattle & 1 Portland