Title: HR Business Partner
Location: San Mateo, CA
Role Overview: This is a newly created role and will report to the Sr. HR Director who sits in Texas. This role will sit at Corporate in San Mateo. The HR Business Partner will consult with business leaders to define and prioritize HR solutions and initiatives, both at the strategic, coordination and operational levels for business units. This office has around 400 people and 6 VPs. The groups are legal, finance/accounting, corporate compliance, HR. All the “heavy hitters” sit here. They are moving from a tactical model to a more strategic one. This position will be responsible for building strong relationships with business leaders to systematically drive performance excellence, strategic planning and the design & execution of people and organizational design solutions and initiatives. Duties will include but are not limited to Organizational Design, Job Architecture, Performance Management, Communications, Culture, Employee Engagement, Talent Management and Workforce Planning.
- Provide ongoing support to client group leadership team through strategic HR consultation to address top HR and people issues facing the organization
- Leads HR project design and/or implementation activities as they pertain to key areas of strategic HR partnership: org design & job architecture, performance management, culture, communications, engagement, talent management and workforce planning
- Leads and manages all strategic annual HR processes for respective client groups. Examples may include annual performance management cycle, ongoing talent management activities, total rewards processes, employee engagement initiatives, workforce planning strategies and other processes as required.
- Proactively coaches leaders within assigned client groups on various areas of leadership and people management.
- Provides ongoing, proactive and intentional development of strategic HRBP skill set, with an emphasis on business acumen & group knowledge, networking & relationship building, strategic HR knowledge, proactive consultative approach, HR data, metrics & analytics and change & project management.
- Consistently challenges status quo utilizing change management and influencing skills. Take initiative to improve the people elements within the respective client group over time.
- Knowledge of Human Resources, practices and principles and the related regulatory environment as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development.
- Work Experience or Related Experience: 6-8 years of strategic Human Resources experience, or significant time spent in a consulting capacity, specifically with a focus on OD work (i.e., Organizational Design). Experience providing strategic HR consultation and partnership to business unit executives and senior leaders.
- Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Having wide-ranging experience, uses advanced, professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Concepts include: Business Acumen & Client Group Knowledge: Understands business strategy, financials, corporate functions & organizational context.
- Networking & Relationship Building: Understands the importance of establishing trusted and credible relationships with key Business Leaders via open dialogue, frequency of interaction & intentional effort. Keen on building knowledge of leaders’ goals, strengths, development areas, personalities, motivations, key care-abouts, etc.
- Strategic HR Knowledge: Knowledge of core academic foundations, best practices and pros/cons of various approaches & models. Clearly a subject matter expert in strategic HR practice areas
- Proactive Consultative Approach: Proactively proposes business solutions that solve key people issues. Leads the implementation of initiatives that impact people systems. Have the professional astuteness to engage and consult with top business leaders.
- HR Data, Metrics & Analytics: Ability to show tangible impact to people metrics is critical. Proactively analyzing data looking for trends, changes & impacts.
- Change Management & Project Management: Exhibits knowledge and proficiency in project management capabilities across multiple locations & multiple stakeholders is critical. Can effectively lead a business unit from current state to desired future state with a path of change and project milestones.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.