Title: HR Generalist / Office Administrator
Location: Hollywood, CA
Lucas Group is partnered with a well-known entertainment/creative firm. They are seeking an experienced HR Generalist/Office Administrator in their Hollywood office. This position will be part of our team and provide a high level of service to both internal and external clients. This is a full-time, regular position with excellent benefits.
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day HR support and office management. Will work closely with other directors and managers to ensure the firm’s vision and values are achieved. The idea candidate will be tech-savvy and comfortable with alternative forms of communication among the diverse group of staff at this location.
The HR/Office Administrator is responsible for the overall administrative management of the assigned office overseeing human resources and office operations.
Human Resources Management:
- Responsible for recruitment and selection of staff employees.
- Responsible for the orientation, training, and development of staff employees.
- Provides support and assistance related to executive matters
- Coordinates the staff performance evaluation process for respective office.
- Manages employee relations effort including motivation, counseling, discipline, and terminations.
- Responsible for the evaluation of organization effectiveness and resource allocation.
- Ensures collection and submission of all personnel data records and performance/employment documentation
- Other staff management functions as designated.
- Working with Executive leadership, coordinates office lease, design, construction, renovation, maintenance, and moves.
- Negotiates and makes changes to facilities management contract, as needed/requested.
- Working with Executives, researches, negotiates, and approves purchase and/or lease of office equipment, as needed/requested.
- Manages administrative services including reception, mail, fax, supplies, and messengers.
- Coordinates with landlord/tenant related to billing issue, and communications.
- Provides oversight of the maintenance of the physical location, owned or leased.
- Provides oversight of inventory control of physical assets, including furniture, library inventory, records, etc.
- Ensures a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel and visitors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years working in a fast paced environment doing payroll and basic HR
- Paychex or other online payroll system
- Any recruitment experience is a plus