IN-HOUSE CORPORATE PARALEGAL (Bethesda, MD)
Unique opportunity to join a Life Sciences Company in Bethesda as its next Corporate Paralegal. It’s an exciting opportunity to join a growing and up and coming organization.
- Provide support and report directly to the General Counsel
- Maintain governance and corporate compliance records and documentation for all entities (including international entities)
- Preparing shareholder and board resolutions and corporate filings
- Cap Table Management
- Maintain stockholder ledger
- Manage and assist with corporate compliance
- Implement and administer equity management software
- Provide transactional support relating to acquisitions and integration, including diligence reviews and handling transactions
- Provide support to internal legal staff relating to HR, employment, real estate, privacy and contracts Provide administrative support to General Counsel
- Assist with special projects such as business initiatives and responding to subpoenas
- Draft agreements, amendments and transactional documents and agreements
- Implement and innovate processes related to our data rooms; corporate records, storage of agreements and electronic files and related support
- 5+ years of corporate paralegal experience
- At least 5 years in a large law firm or corporate legal environment working on corporate or finance matters
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong academic record preferred
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Experience managing Cap Tables
- Interest and experience improving and streamlining processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as online data management tools and platforms and software used in the management of capitalization tables
- Attention to detail and organizational skills, with an ability to multitask
- High-emotional intelligence
- Ability to problem-solve and complete complex projects in a timely manner
- Must have positive attitude, strong work ethic, and high energy
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills, staying on-course when multi-tasking.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate dedication to completing tasks as expertly as possible
WHY WORK WITH LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.