Our client is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the food industry and we are exclusively partnering with them on an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer search for their central Illinois facility. The Instrumentation & Controls Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support on all process instrumentation and control system integration. The I&C Engineer will also be leading their own capital projects including the specification and purchasing of instrumentation hardware in addition to contributing the I&C portion of larger, multi-million dollar projects.
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Responsibilities
- The I&C Engineer is responsible for supporting the processing instruments and integrating that hardware into the control systems throughout the plant.
- Develop instrumentation standards and best practices.
- Define the size and scope of instrumentation as well as the scope, cost, and required support for capital projects.
- Lead capital projects from $10k-$300k and support projects of up to $20MM.
- Purchase required instrumentation for capital projects.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team, Technicians, Project Managers and contractors on projects & training on instrumentation.
- Identify ways to optimize the existing instrumentation in the plant.
- Leverage new technology to improve the controls of processes.
- Ensure the iAMS (Instrumentation Asset Management System) is properly used & maintained.
- Identify areas to improve existing instrumentation and technology to verify the plant remains as efficient and productive as possible.
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience with instrumentation in a processing plant in industries like chemicals, petrochemicals, agriculture, food, oil & gas or other relevant industries. Our client is open to someone at the Jr. or Sr. level; there is no maximum years of experience they are looking for.
- Strong communication skills to lead capital projects, contribute to technical meetings, and provide training to plant technicians.
- Experience with a variety of process instrumentation including flow, temperature, level, liquid analytics, gas analytics, and pressure.
- Experience with the sizing & selection of control valves.
- An understanding of standard instrumentation drawings including P&IDs and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of instrumentation asset management systems (iAMS)