Geographic Location: Jersey City, NJ
We are one of the largest marine transportation service providers operating on the Great Lakes today with a combined fleet of 15 bulk freight vessel is service to over 50 customers across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.
Our company is seeking a well-organized and self-directed individual for the position of Senior IT Business Analyst. This position reports to the Director of IT.
General Description: The primary purpose of this position is to gather and document business requirements to support development and enhancements of existing applications and any new applications.
The Sr. IT Business Analyst is responsible for developing a deep knowledge of supported business areas, conducting business requirement sessions, documenting current and to-be process flows and creating detailed requirements documents to support development.
In addition, Business Analyst will support testing by creating test cases and assisting with the quality assurance process.
- Creation and maintenance of SharePoint sites, pages, lists, libraries, site columns, master pages, security groups and permissions.
- Experience in creating security groups and managing users and permissions in SharePoint.
- Strong experience in creating SharePoint Designer workflows
- Document current and to-be process flows to understand and examine business processes using user roles, use cases, edit rules, wireframes and other system specifications in detail.
- Conduct requirements sessions with business users and subject matter experts.
- Manage scope and user expectations by ensuring requirements can be met within timeframes and assist IT director in the management of project deadlines and schedules.
- Identify and understand business strategy, issues and opportunities to assist business partners in identifying and prioritizing new initiatives and capabilities
- Work and/or lead efforts with other IT groups and/or business users to ensure business requirements are met, including problem resolution and systems testing.
- Assist in developing test cases and participates in the quality assurance process to ensure that requirements are properly implemented, and assist in producing user training documentation and works with the business to train users.
- Provided Visio diagrams/wireframes (using swim lanes) and Excel wire frames to the customer to socialize the end user on the development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development, Computer Engineering, Project Management or related field required.
- 3 to 5 Years of experience in an IT Business Analyst role.In depth experience with SQL.
- 1 or more years of experience with MS Dynamics GP required.
- Experience with MS SQL, GP SQL table knowledge.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in MS SharePoint required.
- Good understanding of AP and AR process.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience creating in Microsoft Visio, MS SharePoint, MS SQL,MS GP and Microsoft Project preferred
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills