Title: Manager of Compensation
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Role Overview: Exclusive Manager of Compensation role with a valued client in the Santa Clarita area. Our client is looking for strong Compensation talent to lead the charge in developing a foundation for compensation, both nationally and globally. Must have experience developing compensation programs of all sorts, strong HRIS knowledge, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. The client values those with solid work tenure, at least six years of compensation experience, a collaborative team player and someone who can elevate their current compensation structure to the next level.
Those who want a challenge, be a true change agent and make a difference that has a huge impact on this mid-size company should reach out.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders to drive and ensure the success of global compensation planning programs and initiatives (e.g., merit, bonus, equity)
- Playing multiple roles in the creation of new programs including designer, consultant, administrator and team member
- Partner with HRIS team to design, implement and maintain compensation planning software
- Support the development of job descriptions and assess FLSA standards and compliance
- Compensation program governance with regards to corporate requirements and legal regulations
- Support and develop communications of pay programs and reward initiatives
- Create scalable model that will enable routine review of market compensation
- Liaise with multiple groups on various compensation issues. (groups may include finance, international partners, legal, and other teams within the company)
- Perform ad hoc analysis and planning to address business needs and continuously improve our compensation programs and processes
- Present leader and collaborator
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solutions and service-oriented, with an emphasis on creativity and relationships
- A team player, who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, continually changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of and ability to apply information of the marketplace, developments and trends related to the Human Resources (HR) functions in various environments
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and ability to advise on laws and regulations affecting HR practices
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate compensation programs, policies and processes within an organization
- Knowledge of salary planning tools and methods, job evaluation techniques, and market salary trends; ability to design and implement salary programs
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to analyze complex data
- Knowledge of incentive planning tools, techniques and procedures; ability to develop and implement incentive and rewards programs
- Ability to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution
- Experience configuring and implementing compensation planning software
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree economics, finance, human resources or other related area or equivalent in related field and/ or substantive experience in compensation management.
- 6 + years of progressive experience in compensation in global organizations.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.