JOB TITLE: Manager, Product Operations
DEPARTMENT: Product Line & Marketing
REPORTS TO: VP, Product Line & Marketing
The Manager, Product Operations is responsible for Product Management including new product launches and maintenance, Project Management, Product Information Management, Product Operations processes development and execution, Voice of the Customer, and Pricing. Along with Brand Management and Engineering, the Product Operations team operates under a share service model for the Product Line Managers. APPLICANTS WITH JUST "PRODUCT" EXPERIENCE NEED NOT APPLY-MUST HAVE PRODUCT, PROJECT, VOC AND PRODUCT OPERATION PROCESSES EXPERIENCE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. POSITION IS BASED IN ATLANTA, GA NO REMOTE OR VIRTUAL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Product Management – responsible for day-to-day aspects related to product lifecycle management including but not limited to
- Product Management support for the launch of new products (NPI)
- Support Product Line Managers (PLMs) in developing product strategy for their product families through primary and secondary research, competitive analysis, and other product related support.
- Product performance analysis
- Product training
- Product lifecycle management including product maintenance activities (SKU rationalization, PIM data integrity, website copy updates, etc…)
- Project Management – implement the project management discipline within the Product Operations team. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing
- New products including line extensions
- Design-To-Value Projects
- Maintenance of existing products
- Develop/implement best practices, templates, training
- Institutionalize best in class project management practices
- Voice-of-Technician (VOC)
- Develop and maintain ongoing pipeline of technicians with whom we will engage.
- Conduct VOT interviews and ride-alongs (field, telephone)
- Institutionalize the VOT learnings to assist in decision-making (product dev, brand/channel marketing, sales)
- Analysis and documentation of findings
- “T-up” technicians for other department to engage with technicians:
- Product Line Managers
- Brand, channel
- Technical support
- Others as appropriate
- Product Operations Processes
- Stage-Gate process development & deployments, demonstrate best practices, training, adherence
- Product Management requirements documentation framework
- Portfolio Planning Management (product selection process)
- Manage the Quarterly “Product Day” meeting
- Vitality Metric
- Master Data Management (MDM) business processes including Product Information Management (PIM) – working collaboratively with the MDM Process Leader develop rules for data governance, new item set up/maintenance workflows, use case development within our PIM.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, and have a strong attention to detail. Must be a proactive “self starter” who can work well without supervision. This position requires a results oriented approach, attention to detail, the ability to build business cases that recommend specific product requirements and market potential. Ability to work under deadlines with accuracy. Four year college degree in related field required. MBA preferred. Requires 7-10 years of broad-based experience in product management and project management. Pricing experience is a plus. HVACR experience preferred.
Direction is given by VP, Product Line & Marketing. Regular interface with all levels of corporate employees and contact with field management and sales team. Will interface with external vendors, technicians and customers.