REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
North East Region
Lucas Group is partnered with a premier brand and respected manufacturer one of the fire protection industry’s broadest portfolios of fire protects including firefighting foams, fire apparatus (trucks), pumps, foam systems, monitors, and “Big Flow” equipment.
The company’s products are used by the majority of the world’s largest Petroleum, Oil, and Gas companies. Our client focusses its business primarily towards industrial customers and has a rich history of innovation, new product development, and major solutions capability in the firefighting community. Our client’s corporation provide the world’s leading technologies to OEM’s, Fire Departments, Oil and Gas companies, government, and international customers. They are experts in special hazard risk scenarios and providing state-of-the-art solutions to address these scenarios.
**If you have experience managing a sales territory with a background in industrial fire protection solutions, please inquire immediately!**
SCOPE: The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will lead business development, sales, customer support, and selling efforts to a broad cross-section of fire, Petroleum/Oil/Gas companies, specifying engineers, facilities managers, fire chiefs, and distributors. The RSM works in a defined territory which is normally 10-15 states. He or she will formulate and lead both direct selling activities and organic business development efforts in a technical marketplace.
- The RSM specifies, sells, promotes, and competitively positions a broad portfolio of technical products. National Foam products frequently are bundled into “solutions” packages for our customers. Therefore understanding the technical complexities of the individual products and how those products work together is critical (EXAMPLE: Foam and Bladder Tanks or High-Capacity Pumps and water supply solutions). The ability to explain and position our products and solutions, specify them and position them against the competition is critical. The RSM manages a territory and deals with multiple products and customer constituencies. The RSM works directly with multiple customer segments with a particular emphasis on “PPOG” (Power Petroleum Oil and Gas) to sell, specify, and apply standard products as well as custom engineered fire protection solutions. RSM primarily deals with end-users, but needs some distribution management skills.
POSITION REQUIRES: The position requires an aggressive sales pedigree, with a technical acumen and strong people skills to be successful. The RSM will be a technical selling executive working directly with variety of functional teams including Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Service, and Marketing personnel at OEM customer locations. Therefore team orientation and strong people and persuasive skills are necessary. Represents the company on trade association and other activities related to the products managed. Individual needs a professional appearance and demeanor as customers are buying critical products and solutions that protect their property, plants and equipment.
Territory is described as the “Northeast”. It consists of the following states; Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and Rhode Island
Required Education and Qualifications – General:
- BS/BA Degree
- 5-10+ years of experience in technical selling.
- Proven sales skills in fire protection and/or fire prevention markets, preferably calling directly on end-users.
- Experience with fire equipment, preferably with an OEM background.
- Strong technical acumen, preferably with long sales life-cycle, capital intensive, and bid/specification capabilities.
- Able to travel up to 66% monthly.
- Able to manage a large multi-state territory, prospect and forecast.
Skills and Specifications:
- Strong communication Skills.
- Must be capable and confident in engaging customers at all levels (technician level to senior management) and with all functional groups.
- Must demonstrate strong Team skills, with multi-disciplinary functional teams with a focus on collaboration.
- MS Office and general computer skills required.
- Use spreadsheet skills and Powerpoint to run a territory