Our client is part of the #1 company in the world in their categories of providing tools and equipment for manufacturing companies. We are exclusively partnering with them on a brand new Operations Manager opening for their plant in the far south suburbs of Chicago. This is a newly created role as they are changing their operations setup and are looking for an experienced Operations leader with a diverse background in the areas of Supply Chain, Engineering, EHS, Quality, and Production to lead their growing facility.
Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Drive the operations of the business by bringing improvements to inventory, OTD, quality, safety, and production.
- Develop and manage the manufacturing operations. Establish continuous improvement strategies and goals.
- Establish metrics to track and evaluate the operational efficiency. Evaluate the KPIs based against plans and standards.
- Supervise the Supply Chain, Maintenance, Quality, Production, and Manufacturing Engineering teams.
- Drive results, build the talent pipeline, and execute roadmaps & plans for growth.
- Oversee the Production Manager to ensure planning, labor spending, material efficiency are in line with goals.
- Ensure environmental regulatory compliance including OSHA. Oversight of the sites safety program.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to improve supply quality, availability, cost, and inventory.
- Assist in the hiring, training, and development of employees to build the talent pipeline.
Operations Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience leading operations strategically is required.
- Proven P&L, project management, and continuous improvement with demonstrable success.
- Previous experience leading cross-functional departments in a mid-sized organization is highly preferred.
- Strong leadership experience and ability to build relationships internally & externally.
- Previous experience with Lean Manufacturing, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Visual Management, Poke Yoke, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to Canada.