Lucas Group is working with our client, a leading producer of fire proofing systems, to recruit a Plant Manager for their facility in San Bernardino. The Plant Manager is responsible for the operations, production and supervision of plant, warehouse and maintenance personnel in the manufacturing plant and warehouse. The plant manager has overall responsibility for the facility and is also responsible to insure the operations comply with all safety, quality, housekeeping and other operational standards. Ideal candidates will have several years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing and are ready to step into managing a facility and its workforce.
- Oversee and verify training of all plant, warehouse and maintenance personnel.
- Oversee all staffing needs and shift scheduling.
- Plan and implement production program to maximize efficiencies.
- Oversee items produced to assure specifications are met resulting in a quality product that meets customer expectations.
- Participate in the development and management of the expense budget to optimize company assets.
- Oversee inventory of raw materials and coordinate with production plant to maintain smooth operation.
- Maintain production records, including downtime.
- Identify and reconcile any variance in actual verses standard labor, raw material and finished product usage.
- Review production schedules to ascertain product data, such as type, quantities and specifications, formula of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan plant operations.
- Oversee that all health and safety requirements of Local, State, and Federal Agencies are met.
- See that the plant operations comply with all Local, State and Federal environmental regulations.
- Initiate personnel actions such as promotion, transfer, discharge or disciplinary measures.
- Internally works with HR, Accounting, Legal, Finance, Purchasing, Logistics, Customer Service, Sales.
- Externally interfaces with 3rd party suppliers and vendors, HR Staffing firms, and Regulatory Agencies.
- Supervises 2 shift supervisors, 2-3 Maintenance Technicians, and 3 warehouse operators.
- Scope of position: $3M operating budget, 18-28 headcount, 2 shift operation.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, or Six Sigma tools experience and/or certification
- Safety Leadership