TITLE: Presales Project Manager – Retail
LOCATION: Chicago or Palo Alto
The project manager is in charge of presales and pilot phases until our solution is validated and/or the roll-out launched.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of key account customer engagements, managing critical successful project outcomes: on time, on budget, and outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Manage the customer satisfaction for the critical first 30-60 days post implementation and future store rollout.
- Clearly communicate expectations to all internal team members, external partners / subcontractors, and customers to align scope, goals, deliverables, key performance indicators, required resources, communications, budget, and timing.
- Manage and implement all aspects of installations with additional focused responsibility for the technical aspects of the implementation, including integration of systems, configuration of software, etc., and the final signoff on all aspects of an installation project. Utilize existing systems to communicate with all parties throughout the project.
- Provide assistance and consultative services to customers in site preparation for software and hardware installations, align with sales and customers on sign off criteria, and work with sales to secure POs as needed.
- Update appropriate systems, e.g., CRM, with all details of the installation and supporting documentation.
- Designated point of contact for the customer. Provide post implementation account management / customer care for 30-60 days after sign off and for additional store rollouts
Qualification and skills :
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or software, computer science or equivalent discipline
- Min of 3-5 years of experience in a project management role (technical) including abilities to organize projects along scope, schedule.
- Strong process and service industry knowledge and experience in the retail sector is an asset
- Technical project management experience in complex multi-year program management
- Demonstrated client management and relationship management skills
- Sound organizational skills
- Industry : retail , experience with POS
- Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- Fluent in both English and French
- Customer focused
- Result Oriented