Our client, a service organization, has engaged Lucas Group to identify an Project Accounting Manager. This role will be responsible for leading the Project Accounting group for the company for the projects entire lifecycle (set-up through billing and completion). This position reports to the CFO of the organization and a successful candidate needs to have a strong attention to detail, the ability to delegate and proven experience with process improvement.
- Training. Training and supporting new hires as they enter the team. Developing and maintaining training materials. Conducting quarterly training refreshers to ensure team alignment on expectations and best practices.
- Team Leadership. Leading and supporting Client Coordinators toward providing a superb experience to internal and external stakeholders while driving tangible business results. Holding career and coaching discussions to prepare employees for career progression within the company.
- Performance Management. Ensuring the team performs at the highest possible level of quality and timeliness through regular review of team’s work output and periodic collection of feedback from key team stakeholders. Setting specific, measurable goals for the Client Coordinators. Establishing monthly, semi-annual, and annual performance discussions on Client Coordinator duties:
- Client & Client Contact Setup. Review setup and maintenance of Client and Client Contact data for each team member’s assignments
- Project Setup. Review setup and maintenance of all projects assigned to team members. Conduct Project Kickoff meetings with relevant stakeholders and custom invoicing requirements are documented / designed and executed.
- Billing Rates Setup. Review setup and maintenance of the Labor Categories, Unit Tables, and Expense Tables for each team member’s assignments
- Billing Terms Setup. Review of setup and maintenance of all Billing terms for Projects assigned to your team members.
- Time and Expense Report Secondary Review. Monitoring of the Secondary Review of all timesheets and expense reports of teams assigned to the Client Coordinator’s projects
- AP/Non-AP Review and Approval. Monitoring of review and approval of A/P invoice and Non-AP expenses for accuracy and completeness.
- Final Batch Billing – Coordinate and execute final batch billing.
- Review Billing activities: Batch Billing, Interactive Billing, Corrections (Modified Timesheets, Unit Adjustments, and additional Expense Reports), Final Batch Billing and Invoice Submittal to Client.
- Collections. Monitor and assist collection efforts and client relationship with their team’s assigned Clients’ counterparts, A/P Clerks, client operations and management.
- Invoice Rejections. Monitor timely to and correcting invoice rejections received from the client and/or through collection efforts.
- Project and Client Reporting. Project Accounting Manager is expected to:
- Maintain Client and Project performance data, and to, on a regular, pre-determined basis, meet with Operations to discuss Client and Project performance, including but not limited budget issues, change order management, and additional funds needed.
- Billing. Batch Billing – Coordinate and execute batch billing process.
- Collections Support. Partnering with the Accounts Receivable Supervisor to reduce past due receivables and prevent future late customer payments.
- Process Owner- Assuming full accountability for the success of the Client Coordinator process. Suggesting, planning, and implementing process changes in conjunction with relevant process stakeholders. Updating process documentation as needed. Serving as the process subject matter expert for other internal departments.
- Management Reporting. Creation and distribution of company, client, and project- level billing reports to Operations and Finance / Accounting team leaders. Attendance of weekly management meetings to provide context to past and future billing cycles.
- Administrative Duties. Performance of additional ad-hoc administrative duties as assigned by the Chief Financial officer.
- Comfortable with addressing business partner failures
- Team player attitude
- Demonstrated detail-oriented skills
- Ability to objectively manage conflict and enforce business processes across job levels
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Supervisory experience
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (vlookups/formulas/pivots)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, high level of initiative