Location: Northern San Diego, CA
Role Overview: Lucas Group is looking to fill a Recruiter role in a biotech start-up in Northern San Diego. This is a newly created role and will join the HR staff to lead recruiting efforts for all roles, primarily with a focus on R&D and marketing roles at first.
This highly visible position plays a crucial role in building a pipeline of qualified candidates, providing hiring managers with suitable candidates for the position and company culture, and managing the best-in-industry candidate experience we strive for with each interaction. This position is responsible for the planning, development, evaluation, implementation and execution of a recruiting strategy for the Company. This position will collaborate with the People & Culture team and hiring managers to accomplish staffing level goals for non-exempt through management level positions.
- Collaborates with Executive and People & Culture teams to develop creative, cost effective recruiting strategies and programs.
- Sources, recruits, screens, interviews and recommends candidates for all levels of the organization including entry level, professional, technical and managerial positions.
- Determines the best avenue for recruiting candidates (internet, employee referrals, sourcing, etc.) with input from People & Culture team and hiring managers.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with People & Culture team and hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring needs required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Consults with hiring managers to ensure understanding of job competencies and hiring parameters.
- Generates a pipeline of potential candidates through proactive networking.
- Collaborates with hiring manager and People & Culture team in developing and making job offers to candidates.
- Provides input on appropriate recruiting metrics and tracks and monitors performance against goals; makes suggestions to improve recruitment process.
- Manages and tracks applicants and candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Serves as a focal point for external staffing agencies; monitors satisfaction with agency placements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive, driven and thrives in a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Able to manage high levels of activity, change and multiple demands
- A “hunter” that enjoys the thrill of finding candidates the right positions that suit both the hiring manager and the candidate
- Committed to excellence in everything they do
- Experience with recruiting and applicant tracking systems
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to accurately assess priorities and consistently exercise good judgment in resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience with all levels of positions
- Experience using the Ultimate Software Applicant Tracking System (ATS) a plus.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Human Resource Management or related a plus.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.