Regional Sales Manager / West
Live in proximity to the Fountain Valley, CA area
The West region is the largest for this 75 year old Automatic Control Valve OEM. This is a very important role for the company so your strong experience in PVF with thorough knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic principles is a must.
- Seeking an ‘idea’ person who is a progressive thinker
- Originate and implement regional marketing and sales strategy
- Manage personnel and initiates and develops relationships with clients, agents, contractors, distributors, governmental reps
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Managers; Sales Reps and Trainees; Inside Sales Coordinator; Warehouse Clerk/Assembler; Field Sales Service Techs, etc.
- Manage company-owned products, equipment and vehicles
- Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and terminates office, sales, and warehouse staff
- Prepares regional budget and meet sales and expense goals
- Set and monitor sales forecasts and strategic marketing plans
- Review receivable records monthly to evaluate problems / trends and initiate corrective actions
- Make sales calls with District Reps and Managers as needed
- Oversee and approve establishment of new sales agents, Original Equipment Manufacturers etc.
- Direct and provides initial and continued training on products, pricing, policies and business development
- Provide engineering and sales / service training seminars
- Attend professional meetings and review products and competitive trends
- Supervise trade show and convention activities
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, OR a related field;
- Broad experience and training in company product lines and applications, personnel development and sales management
- Broad knowledge of marketing, customer relations and sales principles, practices, and techniques