Lucas Group is partnering with a company in the airline industry to identify a revenue accounting manager to join the team:
- Compile and analyze accounting data and information by performing monthly data downloads, data analysis, and preparing pivot tables to record monthly revenue, expenses, and balance sheet entries.
- Create monthly journal entries related to billing and revenue recognition.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by cross referencing subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Prepare complex monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Coordinate and assist Revenue Management, Commercial Products, and Reservations managers to gain knowledge of business transactions and resolve billing and revenue issues.
- Assist with ad hoc and integration projects as required
- Prepare, reconcile and review monthly fluctuations for revenue accounts, deferred revenue accounts, accounts receivable and related allowance accounts.
- Assist with financial audits and SOX compliance including reconciliations, support documentation, and communication with external auditors.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve Revenue Accounting system’s productivity and performance by building and maintaining vendor relationship, analyzing vendor’s data and historical reports to develop solutions and strategies while optimizing cost.
- Assist with internal and external audit schedule preparation.
- Support corporate initiatives by participating in cross-functional teams.
- Complete special/ad hoc projects as assigned by the manager or director.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience working with B/S and P&L and 1 year supervisory experience
- Month-end closing, general journal entries and account reconciliation experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, MS Access or other query software experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word; Internet Explorer; Windows 7; data file transfers
- Minimum 1 year airline accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred