Our client is part of the $70 billion global Industrial gas market. The industry produces, distributes and sells atmospheric gases and other specialty products. A wide variety of industries are served, including food and beverage, healthcare, construction, manufacturing, and many others.
The organization focuses on large national clients with numerous locations who benefit from our combination of People, Process, and Product.
If you are creative, team orientated, and a learner; see how our unique chemistry can benefit you. We are actively seeking new team members with inside enterprise sales experience.
The Sales Development Representative is primarily responsible for developing and building relationships with prospects to ensure they are ready to be engaged in sales process. The purpose of lead generation is to highly qualify prospects that have been nurtured by marketing or identified from other sources so that they are at a point where Business Development can engage them with a higher likelihood to purchase our services in the shortest sales cycle possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accomplish department objectives by planning and evaluating department activities.
- Using strategic targeting and collaborate with VP of Sales and Marketing, National Market Manager (NMM) and National Sales Representative (NSR) to identify prospects that are a priority for nurturing and setting appointments.
- Analyze leads created from marketing nurturing programs to identify those ready for further qualification and engagement by NMM and NSR.
- Develop and implement long term lead generation strategy for these essential market targets around company services by analyzing full service line potential and current market presence.
- Communicate consistent and meaningful touches that establish the perception of the company’s thought leadership with viable prospects regardless of their timing to buy.
- Assist in identifying and developing professional relationships with decision makers and influencers outside of initial meeting contact.
- Maintain a minimum of quarterly contact with prospect, communicating status to relevant NMM and NSR and adjusting plan as required.
- Ongoing communication with prospects that recently entered into a competitive contract.
- Continually monitor competitive landscape and contract expiration dates of prospects.
- Partner with VP and NMM to create campaigns from beginning to end, including campaign planning, audience targeting, messaging, and reporting. Examples include email, direct mail, webinars, downloadable web content, events, cold calling, etc.
- Work with VP and NMM to develop and refine lead scoring criteria within salesforce.com to validate when a lead is sales ready.
- Work with the VP and NMM to create lead nurturing tracks and content that will create greater velocity through the sales pipeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Salesforce.com.
- Minimum of 2-4 years demonstrated success in lead generation, lead qualification, appointment setting and/or similar hands on experience.
- Strong communication, phone etiquette and presentation skills
- Must be self-driven and produce results independent of day-to-day supervision