Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: Sales Manager
Location: Arlington, VA
Our client is a nonprofit veteran service organization providing life insurance and annuity products to support military families.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and promote the sale of our client’s life insurance and annuity plans to existing and prospective members who are requesting information by phone, e-mail, regular mail, in person, or by Marketing leads
- Oversee the entire sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed monthly sales goals
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to insurance policy counseling to best serve our members and potential members
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with current and prospective members
- Track, prepare and maintain records of sales leads and account status
- Make 30-50 outbound sales calls to actively make sales & schedule appointments with prospective members
- Write sales proposals with immediate follow-up with prospective members
- Effectively communicate our client’s products and services to our prospective members
- Initiate follow-up contact with prospective policy holders who have not provided an application since their most recent request
- Educate military personnel and their families on military benefits, as well as the benefits of our client membership and products
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all software programs, which are required to be used by the team
- Complete the “Individual Life Insurance” (HS 323) course offered by The American College
- Comply with all pertinent laws/regulations, all Bylaws and policies established by the Board of Directors, and all written/verbal instructions received from Vice President of Sales
- Attend mandatory meetings and training programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of Sales experience
- Previous experience working in life insurance sales environment is preferred.
- Have strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to innovatively solve problems.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate professionally and courteously.
- Must be professional, engaging and extremely driven and have a strong passion for sales.
- Existing CLU or ChFC professional designation is a plus.