Our client is an international leader in manufacturing components and devices supporting a wide variety of industries. We are exclusively partnering with them on a brand new Quality Leader for their office in the Chicago suburbs. The Quality Leader will be responsible for defining quality standards for new product development, supporting end-to-end quality improvement, cost reduction initiatives for legacy products, working cross-functionally on operational & process improvement projects, and providing leadership to the Quality team.
We are looking for a Sr. Management level leader that is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to work with international manufacturing locations to create and maintain all quality procedures & develop metrics to track performance in addition to identifying areas for continued improvement. The Quality Leader must understand the importance the quality function plays within the entire organization and be a great communicator who can work cross-functionally to achieve corporate objectives. The Quality Leader must be comfortable working in a fast paced company with a quick pace of technological advancements requiring an agile & nimble leadership style in a constantly evolving industry.
Quality Leader Responsibilities
- Responsible for partnering with Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other cross-functional departments to ensure Design for Quality is adhered to for all new & existing products.
- Develop the global Quality strategy.
- Define all KPI’s and Quality goals to track quality department performance and to identify areas for additional improvement.
- Oversee the corrective action processes globally.
- Drive process improvements to reduce scrap and returns.
- Partner with Plant Managers and Quality teams at internationally located manufacturing sites to verify all quality processes are being followed.
- Hire, train, and mentor the Quality team.
- Define project scope and budgets to define success parameters for projects.
Quality Leader Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Quality, Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Advanced degree, ASQ, or Six Sigma certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience leading a global Quality team.
- Experience with manufacturing devices or components such as medical devices, computer components, electronic components, or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Core Tools including: APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, and PPAP.
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, KPI development, and other process improvement methodologies.
- Previous exposure to global manufacturing.