Senior Network Engineer position working with 3 network administrators on-site, during standard business hours as well as on-call when needed. You will be working with a team that includes data center engineers, developers, help desk, networking and systems admins. Everyone is hands-on including the IT Director who will join you pulling cables to diagnose and fix performance problems. position requires effective troubleshooting and problem resolution to maintain day-to-day network operations across 300 facilities.
- Install, configure, upgrade, monitor and maintain existing corporate voice, data and firewall environments.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues within the existing Cisco network.
- Administration of the network across 300 facilities
- Handling all network related systems and user based escalations from Help desk team
- Work with other departments and teams to assist and support them with network infrastructure projects, initiatives and needs.
- Follow through to bring all network outages and problems to conclusion in a quick and efficient manner.
- Research and implement new technologies to improve stability, flexibility, and scalability of the network infrastructure. Make recommendations to senior management on network infrastructure modifications and version upgrades while controlling costs and scaling for future growth
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing and managing network related hardware and software including Cisco firewalls, core switches & routers, wireless access points and VOIP devices.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and upgrading Cisco routers, switches and ASAs; roll outs of new technology.
- Experience upgrading from one version of routers / switches / ASAs to more current versions; Rollouts of new technology across an enterprise with multiple locations.
- Familiarity with Cisco Nexus switches
- Experience with Port Channeling, Split Tunneling
- Critical thinking, communication and superior customer service skills are essential.
- Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco FirePower
- Cisco ISR Routers
- Cisco NGFW ASA models 5506 / 5516
- Cisco 2960 Catalyst switches
- Cisco Call Manager 8.5 & 10.5
- Cisco Nexus 7000 & 9000 switches
- Palo Alto NGFW
- Cisco UCS
Additional skills, preferred but not required:
- Experience with PRI Trunking, SIP Trunking, MPLS upgrades, SRST, and EIGRP
- Recent experience maintaining VOIP technology provided by a managed network provider
- Solarwinds network monitoring experience
- Experience with Cisco UCS
Experience with Palo Alto NGFW &/or Experience with Cisco Firepower