Primary responsibilities are to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions into the financial reporting system using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Research accounting rules and policies to ensure appropriate recording and classification of journal entries.
- Maintain accounting records and files in an organized manner.
- Gather and analyze accounting transaction information in the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly management reports, verify information, and reconcile accounts.
- Assist in the maintenance of accounting procedures by following and/or updating documented procedures.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience. CPA or parts a plus.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Strong analytical, research, and writing skills. Proficient using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc) products.
- Must be able to work under pressure and respond to tight turnaround time of projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data and issues.
- Good organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional responsibilities.