Lucas Group has partnered with a respected real estate investment trust (REIT) company in their search for a dynamic, experienced and skilled Supervisor of Accounting & Compensation. This role will assist Accounting Leadership with Accounting, Compensation & Special Projects as it pertains to stock compensation and payroll functions. Our client, based in the Denver area, develops, owns and operates significant, specialized, commercial real estate assets in Denver, New York and Massachusetts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and process all Company employee stock grants.
- Manage and process stock vesting. This includes but not limited to: tracking alerts and tax withholding elections, reviewing and approving tax withholding calculations and overseeing entire tax settlement process
- Maintain and update stock participant indicative and grant data in stock plan system.
- Coordinate Company stock trading window
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Stock Compensation Accounting – Manage all aspects of stock compensation accounting.
- Stock Compensation Financial Reporting – Coordinate Form 4 filing for all stock related activity, various analytical schedules, and 10Q/10K stock-related schedules and disclosures.
- Capitalized Payroll – Coordinate timesheet collection and perform calculation and analyses for capitalized payroll and other capitalized costs. Prepare journal entries and various analytics and schedules for management, audit, and financial reporting.
- Deferred Compensation Plan (DCP) – Manage all aspects of accounting for the DCP plan.
- Proxy – Support financial reporting team in preparing data for Executive Compensation tables and SEC Pay Ratio calculation.
- Regional and Functional Accounting – Assist with project to streamline accounting, G&A reporting and budgeting across all regions, departments, and functions.
- Payroll supervisory oversight. Oversee and manage. Payroll Specialist
- Have overall oversight for payroll accuracy and efficiency.
- Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepares materials for external and internal auditors.
- Serve as main payroll processing back-up for payroll administrator.
- Ensure payroll transactions are in compliance with US GAAP and Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Must research laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
- Responsible for developing policies, procedures and institute industry best practices.
- Responsible for remaining current on all recent changes in regulations affecting payroll and compensation matters and notifying the affected staff of the changes and business implications.
- Recommend and implement changes leading to best practice, strong audit controls and improved efficiency in operations.
- Deliver a high quality service to internal and external customers in a professional manner within the specified timeframes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of accounting experience. Compensation related accounting experience is highly desirable.
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now and timekeeping system is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail a must. Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation highly preferred.
- Some experience in financial analysis advantageous.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Ability to lead, mentor, coach and develop staff.
- Must be able to build relationships at all levels.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.