Our client is seeking a Web Developer with strong ecommerce experience as well as ERP (ideally Syteline) to assist in leveraging the full functionality of Syteline 8.
The client is a distributor of products such as O-Rings, Hydraulic seals, Oil seals, Hose couplings, Gaskets and Machined couplings of all types for the industrial industry. This role will assist them in setting up Syteline to properly execute all processing of orders (Job Orders, Purchase Orders), Inventory management, material management and financial modules such as GL, AP and AR. Ultimately making their systems, processes and reporting more efficient.
- Experience with nopCommerce is a must (An open-source E-commerce solution based on ASP.NET MVC 4.0 and MS SQL Server 2008 backend Database).
- Experience with Visual basic and visual studio is also highly sought after.
- Strong experience in IIS (not only 6 but the new 7 and 8).
- Strong e-commerce web development experience
- MVC 4.0
- MS SQL Server 2008
- Experience with EDI
- Previous experience with ERP (Distribution now, Oracle, SAP or ideally Syteline)
You’re first Assignment
The first project our client will need this role to address is to remove the current material resource planning software (3rd party) and setup the standard Syteline material planning module in its place. A test environment will be in place by the week of the 20th of August so any interviews done then will be able to play with the system while completing the interview process.
The ideal candidate will be able to come in and quickly review the client’s business processes and current system, to identify a more efficient way to leverage Syteline to better support their day to day business needs. Currently, they process 600-800 orders a day to over 10,000 active clients so speed and efficiency is of utmost importance.
The two main business frustrations they want this position to alleviate are:
- Automation of AR
- More easily process orders in JIT (just in time) as opposed to FIFO (first in first out)
There will be opportunities for this role to grow and get involved with other projects and implementations once the immediate needs are taken care of. Our client was recently acquired by a VC firm with plans to grow this business through acquisitions and extended funding. They are already looking at upgrading their system to the latest version of Syteline or similar system in 2019.