Our client, a premier local CPA firm, seeks a Tax Manager for their Estate and Trust practice. The Estate, Gift and Trust Tax Manager will work closely the Firm's high net worth clients. He/She will oversee the tax compliance related to such work. The Manager will also work with those dedicated to client projects and assist with specialized research as it relates to the estate and trust planning specialty. This role includes staff mentoring, management and administrative functions. The individual responsible for this area of practice will work closely with the Estate, Gift and Trust Director and the Tax Team Leader and will assist in driving strategic initiatives agreed upon by the service team. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax areas, along with well?developed and applied communication, management and supervisory skills are required.
- Management and review of estate, gift and trust tax compliance work
- Assist in developing Estate Planning and Wealth Management strategies for pre and post retirement clients.
- Advise clients on Estate Planning opportunities. Manage current and potential issues related to tax strategy.
- Act as a resource for tax preparers / specialists and auditing staff on specific tax issues and related questions.
- Assume client service responsibility where the responsibility is delegated from another team member.
- Communicate to the appropriate firm personnel important tax developments affecting the firm’s clients.
- Research and analyze trends that may impact estate planning clients.
- Supervise, develop, and coach team members as assigned.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, develop training aids and act as a coach in professional development programs.
- Develop individuals to grow number of practitioners in this specialty area as needed.
- Possess complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintain knowledge of general economic and political trends and stay abreast of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate
Job ID: 1545177