Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success.
ROLE TITLE: TAX SUPERVISOR
LOCATION and HIGHLIGHTS: North Houston
International manufacturer seeks a tax professional to assist with corporate tax planning, strategy, and compliance work. This position works with the Tax leader and will assist with handling tax preparation for the company.
- Position reports to the VP of Tax
- Key financial role in US corporate headquarters
- Global operations with regional locations in five continents
- Growth initiative with acquisitions completed the past few years
- Supervise the income tax return preparation with outsourced service provider for Federal and state income tax reporting.
- Maintain a tax filing calendar for worldwide reporting.
- Provide financial statements and supporting documentation.
- Review of the income tax returns and coordination of filing on a timely basis after approval by VP of Tax.
- Develop annual recording of true-up calculation for the return to provision for each jurisdiction.
- Assist with preparation of new reporting requires under BEPS.
- Assist with the preparation, review quarterly, and annual ASC 740 tax accrual process and reporting.
- Assist with the tax provision in budgets, forecasts and estimates.
- Assist with various departments to ensure proper tax reporting of transactions Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements.
- Prepared and maintain tax supporting workpapers, including temporary and permanent differences.
- Supervise the management of tax audits, including federal, state and local.
- Supervise the closing of audits on a timely, minimize adverse adjustments proposed by auditors and defend Company positions.
- Assist with the analysis of results of audits to communicate to management.
Research & Planning
- Rationalize the corporate structure and associated elimination of unnecessary companies.
- Support plans to manage taxes, mitigate risks and repatriate cash upstream.
- Assist with Transfer Pricing studies.
- Assist in the management of acquisition projects and associated documentation, including implementation plans with associated timelines.
- Coordinate between Tax department and other departments as necessary.
- Assist with special projects.
- 5-6 years in a large corporate Big 4 tax department working with complex tax issues.
- Computer literate with knowledge of PC software and tax preparation software.
- ASC 740 reporting experience.
- Major ERP system experience is a plus
- One Stream experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Masters in Tax preferred
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills; written, oral and interpersonal.