Title & Survey Paralegal (Baltimore and DC)
Our client is looking for two seasoned Title and Survey Paralegals. Qualified candidates would join a dynamic law firm with a great work culture and with both nationally and regionally ranked practices.
- Review title and survey materials
- Draft simple organizational documents, such as articles of incorporation, certificates of limited partnership, bylaws and written consents, and filing them with the relevant Secretary of State where needed
- Draft other simple documents, such as affidavits and collateral transaction documents.
- Prepare due diligence checklists
- Review corporate due diligence
- Participate on weekly due diligence conference calls
- Update due diligence checklists to account for due diligence received or posted to a dropbox or an external website and distributing updated checklists to the working group
- Draft recording instructions
- Organize/transfer posted due diligence to NetDocs
- Order good standing certificates and public record searches
- Prepare and file UCC’s for documents connected to real estate finance transactions
- Prepare signature pages packages in preparation for transaction closings
- Assemble and distribute final closing documents or closing binders
- Draft initial and final title/survey memos, loan memos and tax abatement memos, attaching relevant exhibits to each memo and sending the compiled memos to our client
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years as a Title and Survey paralegal
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel between offices
- Able to work with minimal supervision when required and provide proactive support
- Ability to multitask, work to strict deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail and able to produce work to the highest standard of accuracy
WHY WORK WITH LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.