A client of Lucas Group is looking for a VP Application Development to join their team.
The VP of Application Development position will report directly to the CTO and will be responsible for all internally developed applications and the integration with all 3rd party applications used.
The role requires solid experience in leading a team of 15-20 developers using the LAMP stack, as well as leading the integration with all 3rd party on premise or cloud-based applications. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills for collaboration across IT and brand business units to ensure the full reliability of our solutions.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on engineer who is an expert in the use of technologies used in the development of internal business applications as well as customer facing web applications. They will also be a strong subject matter expert (SME) for all business applications developed internally or provided by a 3rd party.
- Lead and grow a team of developers for the development of internal applications built on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Provide the architectural leadership to build solid applications to support high performance, scalability, growth, security, and business functionality
- Present routine business updates and time estimates on all application development activities
- Own the integration of internally developed applications with all 3rd party on premise or cloud-based applications used.
- Maintain a high level of code quality to minimize and prevent business disruption caused by bugs and rework
- Develop an environment of continuous education to keep the team current with best practices and new development techniques
- Support both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum based SDLCs.
- Be an approachable resource to the company to talk about applications development and business requirements
- Work closely with the IT security, DevOps, QA, PMs and Infrastructure teams
- Establish, maintain, and measure application development SLAs
- Maintain documentation on all application development procedures and projects
- Adhere to relevant industry policies, procedures, standards of application development
- Perform other duties as they arise
- Create an environment fostering personal and professional growth
What the firm is looking for:
- Self-driven developer who has successfully moved into a leadership role with aspirations to continue their advancement to a CIO or CTO role in the next 5+ years
- Individual who is willing to take on new responsibilities to broaden their experience and skill set
- Someone who holds continuing education as important to themselves and their team
- 5+ years in Application Development Leadership
- 5+ years as a developer using the LAMP stack
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of delivering high performance and reliable business applications
- Has established a metrics and data driven measurement structure to gauge our development efficiency and performance
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication; able to communicate clearly and effectively whether with engineers or executives
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Relevant experience in the Retail industry
- Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
- Plus: Experience at companies of different stages from startup to mid-sized corporation