Title: VP of Human Resources
Location: Chicago, IL
Role Overview: Lucas Group has been retained on a VP of Human Resources search with a fast growing, publicly traded company in the cannabis industry. This role will serve as a Senior Advisor to the President and Executive Leadership Team on all People, Talent, Culture and HR related topics.
The company is expanding quickly both through acquisitions and organic growth.
- Strong HR Leadership experience from a similar, highly regulated manufacturing organization; Cannabis, Pharma, Food, or similar industry
- Start-up / high growth experience and track record of working in a rapidly changing environment
- M&A integration / harmonization experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strong partnerships with internal stakeholders to deliver value-added, cutting edge HR service to management and employees that are aligned with the organization and HR strategies and goals.
- Provide strategic consultation in a variety of HR functional areas such as M&A integration, process implementation and improvement, workforce planning, recruitment, onboarding, compensation, employee relations, performance management, training and coaching, and health and safety.
- Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communications, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Monitor and analyze trends in key employment metrics and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Responsible for developing all HR related communications including policies and programs relating to Human Resources and evaluate the effectiveness.
- Provide advice and guidance to all employees on the interpretation and administration of HR policies and best practices, and lead by example.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and trends to drive departmental initiatives.
- Guide and manage change in organizational culture and/or values consistent with business strategies. Act as an effective change agent that ensures positive employee experience during all transformational initiatives.
- Identify gaps in the workforce with the goal of building out a high performing, comprehensive workforce to execute the Company’s business plan.
- Provide consultation and guidance on escalated employment matters and work to identify correction action.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree requires, ideally MBA or other Master's degree
- 15+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees and management
- Ability to handle situations professionally with sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
- Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities in an energetic, fast-paced environment
- Strong start-up experience
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.