Our $600MM client is search for an Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller oversees and coordinates the financial operations including responsibility for all financial reporting, cash management, compliance and related activities. The Assistant Controller is a hands-on, self-starter management position responsible for managing the entire accounting processes; general ledger accounting, month end closing, accounts payable, payroll and related reporting, accounts receivable, invoicing, billing and collections process. This position will lead the charge to create a streamlined accounting system that accurately captures all accounting transactions. The Assistant Controller is responsible for supporting company operations by managing staff, providing client assistance and ensuring highest ethical standards are maintained.
- Partner with the Controller & CFO to manage the financial results of the company.
- General oversight of day to day functions within the accounting office.
- Responsible for creating / adhering to company accounting policies and internal controls.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure of the company.
- Ensure timely and accurate daily, weekly, month-end and year-end closings.
- Manage company liquidity and cash flow.
- Manage company financial planning and budgeting process including weekly and monthly budget reporting and annual forecasts.
- Work with managers to prepare reports/analysis of data, forecast financial goals and help manage the financial results of the company as needed.
- Prepares annual budget; schedules expenditures; analyzes variances; initiates corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics from an accredited university or college
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent with experience in a big 4 public accounting firm / expert in US GAAP
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting, Controllership, or Audit
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management of staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional as a business partner
- Proactive with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with high energy
- Strong ability to deliver results