The Lucas Group is searching for a talented and enthusiastic Communications Manager to add as a key member of our client’s Marketing team. The role can sit in the Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC or New York City. Our client is a leading law firm with a dynamic and enterprising approach, and is building a leading Marketing function.
The Communications Manager is responsible for helping to increase the firm’s visibility across its national offices and practices. The Communications Manager is responsible for developing successful media campaigns, writing compelling copy, leveraging social media to effectively promote firm content, and drafting award submissions and press releases.
- Develop and implement communication plans for the firm, key practice and industry groups.
- Effectively applies knowledge of current tools and trends to continuously evolve communications plans that will improve the firm’s story, market the culture, keep content fresh and one step ahead of other firms both internally and externally on a variety of channels.
- Create a seamless flow of information from top-down and bottom-up that results in team members receiving important and accurate information.
- Prioritize initiatives and deliverables to provide the business on-time and quality products.
- Participate in management and guidance of external public relations firms and resources.
- Collaborate closely with business development leads and partners to understand market challenges, business opportunities, and competitive elements, helping to align public relations strategy to address them.
- Identify appropriate third-party commentary topics and industry trends.
- Leverage firm content across various social media platforms and channels, helping to develop and implement social media strategy.
- Lead and develop executive and internal communications.
- Draft various editorial-based award submissions for media outlets (Law360 and American Lawyer).
- Develop and maintain robust reporting on activity and results.
- Develop monitoring programs to ensure all engagement initiatives are measurable, continuously improving, and exceeding industry benchmarks.
- Lead and oversee internal communications programs that keep employees informed and engaged through digestible content; determining the best channel for each message (intranet, digital displays, newsletters, text alerts, videos or company-wide communications).
- Ensures deliverables and projects are met timely and delight the customer.
· BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field is required. Master’s is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience, in a communications role, working in the professional services industry, preferably in a law firm
- Experience in a global, national or regional professional services firm, Fortune 500 company, or PR/advertising agency experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, especially the proper use of grammar.
- Must be a relationship builder who is trusted, creative, collaborative, dependable, persuasive, and possess high ethical standards.
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a rapidly changing environment where analytical skills and agility are equally as important.
- Must be extremely organized, have strong project management skills and be sensitive and responsive to internal and external client demands and deadlines.
- Ability to work with all levels of firm management, work well as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively.
This Communications Manager requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. The Communications Manager should be a team player with strong organizational and writing skills and a sharp attention to detail. He/she should be able to communicate accurately and professionally with both internal and external clients and vendors and to work independently and complete tasks efficiently with minimal oversight. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
If qualified and interested please email your resume and portfolio of writing samples to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow me on LinkedIn for new roles and industry information at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucasgroupcreativeamanda/