Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients in finding transcendent, executive talent. Candidates fully realize their career ambitions, and associates find professional success.
Our client, a privately-held company located in West Houston is looking for a Lease Accounting Manager to join their team. This is a newly created position that will oversee the lease accounting function including month-end close and the day to day responsibilities related to lease and occupancy costs. This position will supervise a team of 2-3 direct reports.
- Supervise the organization and maintenance of material related to leases across all concepts to assist with implementation of new lease software application
- Cultivate new procedures and processes to comply with the requirements of the new lease accounting standard (ASC 842)
- Partake in the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process, including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial analysis
- Communicate with various departments to ensure completeness and accuracy of lease information
- Review, interpret, input, and analyze information on leases, amendments, and other legal documents
- Screen rental payments, including contingent and percentage rent to ensure they conform to the lease agreements
- Review CAM reconciliations and calculations based on the lease agreement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Public audit experience, Big 4 is preferred
- CPA certification is preferred
- Some experience with ASC 842
- Some supervisory experience
Job ID: 1557758