We are looking for a creative Mechanical Design Engineer to join our established manufacturing company that is like a start up. We are vertically integrated and support avionics and the defense industry. You will wear multiple hats, from an individual contributor to a project leader.
• Define requirements, product design, materials selection for manufacturing and assembly
• Review customer needs and translating them into detail product requirements.
• Defining the product structure, performing engineering analysis and calculation, material selections, developing manufacturing strategy.
• Perform all 3D modeling
• Perform detailed dimensioning of product components.
• Complex electronic mechanical assemblies
• New product definition
• Support marketing and sales inquiries in an engineering capacity.
• Document engineering information, BOM, routings
• Engineering change orders
• Continuously improve product performance and efficiency in engineering process
• BS in Mechanical Engineering; MS Mechanical Engineering a plus
• At least 7 years of relevant experience
• Solid Works
• Design electro-mechanical assemblies
• Experience in aerospace and defense industry
• Experience with supporting electronics, casting, machining
• Proven leadership experience