Regional Sales Manager – Chemicals
Lucas Group has partnered with a Global Leader in Specialty Chemicals who is looking for a Territory Manager for the Gulf Coast Region. This position will sell, promote and service the complete lines of Specialty Chemicals through face-to-face contact/frequent communications to accounts within the assigned region with revenue responsibility will be $30 million annually. Account responsibility includes multiple key accounts.
- Develop and implement selling plans using the principles of strategic selling with the support of the sales and product managers. Identify and implement tactics on price quotes, annual bids, e-commerce bidding and customer negotiations as needed and directed by the sales and product managers
- Document price changes and account changes through Customer Service with Price and Account Change Forms
- Coordinate gathering the flow of information from accounts concerning complaints or claims and communicate these issues through the Customer Issues form to customer service, sales and product managers for comment on resolving
- Gather all pertinent information sales and competitive information in the territory and market for weekly and monthly reports within VSC
- Utilize VSC technical, product / sales management and its resource in a judicious manner to rapidly implement selling and technical projects
- Assist in the collection of past due receivables for assigned accounts
- Ensure company has a high profile and respected presence at all accounts and industry representatives in the territory
- Conformance with the Quality and Environmental, Health, Safety and Security policies and awareness of ISO 9001 and RC14001 management system requirements applicable to this position
- Five to eight years sales experience and/or technical experience in the chemical industry, direct experience in polymer chemical industry and polymer additives industry a plus
- BS degree, Business or Science; MBA a plus.
- Skills with computer and computer software.
- Knowledge of the polymer additives and plastics markets and account base.
- Ability to work independent of daily supervision from home office.
- Ability and license to operate a passenger motor vehicle.
- Up to 50% Overnight and extended travel required in the position within the assigned territory.
- Strong initiative and self- directed work habits
- Expert communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills