Experience in Die casting, Assemblies, CNC Machining, Extrusion, Forging – let’s talk!!
- Our client is seeking an experienced sales leader (a hunter) who thrives in a fast-paced and exciting individual contributor and team environment. He or she will be directly responsible for the identification, pursuit and closure of new business opportunities in North America. He or she will travel frequently within specific regions (40-50% of the time) to sell or communicate directly with clients. If they're not out in the field, you will typically communicate over the phone, through video conferencing and email. Use your analytical and communication skills to be persuasive and competently negotiate with customers and internal departments.
- Prospect, develop and close business within specific industry segments in North America. These include: Con/Ag, General Industrial and Electrical, Automotive, Heavy Truck, and Telecommunications.
- Build a strong sales funnel by identifying new opportunities and advancing them through various sales stages (i.e. In Qualification, Best Few, Win).
- Manages the quotation process. In conjunction with the Estimating Team, performs technical review of engineering drawings and specifications, gathers and prepares required information for formal quotation including, but not limited to, drawings, sample parts, technical data, volumes, and material sources for submittal to Sourcing Teams. Manages the preparation of formal quotation packages for customer review.
- Quotes prices to maximize revenue, while also maximizing Gross Margin.
- Utilize knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, illustrates and emphasizes the benefits of the organization’s value-added supply chain model.
- Develops and executes strategies for increased customer penetration by selling products and supply chain solutions to all customer divisions. Personally, visits customer locations to win incremental business through active business development. Requires establishing strong relationships with various management levels. Periodic international travel may be necessary to develop opportunities in foreign countries or customer supplier audits.
- Achieve annual sales objective.
- Keep the Sales Leadership regularly informed on the status of all key account activities.
- Provide market intelligence to Sales Leadership and Marketing team.
- Engages with U.S., China, India, and other international operations.
- Attends weekly sales team and sourcing team calls. Prepares bi-weekly sales reports of business status and opportunities.
- Establish and grow business relationships with key decision makers, identifying and developing strong relationships, and appropriately utilizing influencers and advocates.
- Responsible for all negotiations on pricing, delivery and other terms with customers
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of sales experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with low cost country, supply chain solutions and mechanical components is highly desired but not specifically required.
- Superior presentation, negotiation, and organizational skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow sales volume; ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain, and close business on a consistent basis
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of productivity, superior time management, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
- Proven consultative sales skills, including the ability to discover customer problems and implications, establish value and financial justification resulting in customer purchase
- Demonstrated history with Manufacturing OEM and Tier I supply base.
- Experience working with International teams, specifically in China and ASEAN regions.
- Understanding of various manufacturing technologies and some knowledge of component drawing interpretation
- Previous sales experience with OEMs and Tier 1’s.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence in a professional manner. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to understand, interpret, derive, and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office business software programs such as Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel is a must. Ability to learn additional software programs such as our proprietary business portal is required. Previous experience using a CRM system needed.